Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A first crack at this genre

Looking back at some things I wrote around the time I retired, one thing I wanted to do was write "Children's Books" but with adult themes. Regular readers of this blog will know that I've been having my hand at writing rhymes for some time and I've also done a few slidecasts - text and images with musical accompaniment. But I haven't put the rhymes in before.  

There is a production issue that I've simply ignored, it is my first attempt after all, whether the meter of the rhyme coincides with the rhythm of the music.  After having done this and viewed the thing myself a dozen times or so, I think that matters rather a lot and here I didn't get it.  But it suggests where to go next with this sort of thing.  Also, it is clearly easier to write to the blues or other steady rhythm pieces. It is harder when the length of the musical phrases varies throughout the piece.


No comments: